Friday, October 24, 2008

I Survived Shopping With Two Children

Thursday is our shopping day and we really needed to go so I decided to attempt it with two children. I probably wouldn't have gone but Brian was scheduled to be at school Thursday and Friday night so I knew he couldn't go until Saturday and that was too far away. Also Austin is sick with his first cold already and I needed to buy some saline drops for his poor little stuffy nose. It takes longer to get out the door now with two but we made it out a little before 10am and headed to the store. It takes a little planning now like finding a parking space near a stray shopping cart so I can put Rexford in the cart and then get Austin out of the car and put him in my sling. Surprisingly it went well! I know it could have been a disaster but Austin just sleeps all day right now so he slept through the whole shopping experience. He doesn't even care to eat that often so he's pretty easy so far. It is a little more difficult with two and a little more work but it wasn't bad and we finished our shopping in about an hour and headed home. As we drove home I looked back and noticed that Rexford had fallen asleep. He never falls asleep that early so he must have been tired! It was so cute, both my boys asleep in the backseat. Shopping is tiring I guess. After I got home, I fell asleep in the chair with Austin. Luckily my sister came over to play with Rexford and I was able to continue my nap in my bed :) So I survived shopping with two children and I actually went out to the store again today since I forgot a couple of things yesterday!

As he gets older I'll probably see this less and less. It's funny how little ones can just fall asleep wherever. I don't get to see him sleeping anymore since he sleeps in his own room in his crib. He slept with us for the first eight months and sometimes I miss that.



Austin slept the whole trip - notice the yucky junk in his poor little eyes from his cold :(

My two boys asleep in the backseat

3 comments:

Dodie and Elmer said...

Congratulations! I remember being so scared shopping with one I can't imagine two. Austin is so cute and Rexford is getting so big! Congrats again!

The Tait Family said...

So sweet! Congrats on surviving the first outing alone. You ARE super woman though! You never cease to amaze me with everything you do. I mean Aquatica the day before giving birth.....YOU ROCK!

Angela said...

Nothing like looking in the rear-view mirror and seeing two dolls quietly sleeping. It really is a little slice of Heaven! Poor Austin... Hope you get the sleep you need to keep the super cape flying:).