Friday, October 31, 2008

Bug Bites

So Rexford has bad reactions to insect bites. Last week it was mosquitos that made his leg swell up and look way bigger than his other leg. This week we're not sure what exactly bit his hand but it made it pretty puffy. I noticed the bites and put some cream on them but it wasn't until the next day that his whole hand became fat. After a day of Benadryl with no results, we went to the doctor who gave us some medicine for the swelling and an antibiotic since it looked a little infected. It looks much better today, the swelling is down and not so red. Not sure why bugs love him but we'll be more careful from now on!

This picture doesn't really show the swelling well, you could really tell from a side shot better. Anyway, it looked pretty ugly.

I gave Rexford Benadryl before his nap. He woke up and asked for Diego so I put it on for him. I went to finish feeding the baby and when I came out 15 minutes later, this is what I found.

2 comments:

The Tait Family said...

Poor buddy!

Angela said...

Ouch! You told me about this, but... yikes. Hope the swelling is gone and Mr.Rexford is feeling better. Did you ever find out exactly what it was he has the reaction to?