Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Preschool Update

Preschool has been good. He was so excited at first and then he had a rough couple of weeks where he was a little upset in the mornings and didn't want to go because he doesn't like it when kids get in trouble. He's been fine the last two weeks though and seems happy and excited to go and tells me all about everything when I pick him up. He knows the date and what letter he's learning about and tells me what he'll learn about next week. I knew before he started school that his fine motor skills weren't great and so he has had a little bit of difficulty learning to hold his pencil and controlling it when he writes. He gets frustrated with some of the lowercase letters because they are more curvy. He doesn't like the "e" in his name and asked me if he could skip it. We have been practicing his name and it has been frustrating and usually takes a lot of time and patience. His teacher is wonderful and has been working him a lot on it at school. And he's getting so much better! Yesterday he sat down to do his homework and wrote his name by himself in a few seconds! And it's not huge, it's smaller and more controlled! I nearly cried I was so proud of him.
Yay!

No comments: