Monday, January 26, 2009

Rexford Stuff


Rexford has taken on the job of big brother very well. I was very worried before I had Austin that Rexford would be upset and jealous and mad at us. He has been fine and very sweet to Austin and we haven't had any problems, thank goodness :) The other day I was in the bathroom getting ready and Austin was laying on my bed. He started to cry and Rexford ran in the room and hopped on the bed and said, "Don't cry Austin. There's no monsters. Don't cry baby, it's okay Austin. There's no monsters here." It was so cute.


It seems as though Rexford has grown up a lot in the last few weeks. He says more complicated sentences, makes jokes and laughs at jokes on tv, can get things out of the fridge, put on his shoes by himself, and climb better. One thing he has started doing by himself in the last couple of days is say prayers. We usually say them but he wanted to and I thought I would have to help him but he just started talking and kept going and did the whole prayer by himself. Since the first time he keeps wanting to say prayers and does it by himself. It is so cute. They usually go something like this: "Heavenly Father, thank you for today. thank you for sea world. thank you for mommy and daddy and austin. thank you for dinner. (then a few sentences that I can't deciper). jesus christ amen."


The other night I was talking to Austin and he was cooing and I said, "oh you have so much to say don't you?" Rexford then said, "I have a lot to say too." It made me laugh.


My sister Shannon offered him popcorn and he told her that he wasn't old enough to have it yet. I'm surprised he didn't try it. I don't let him have it yet and I told him he could have it when he's a little older so I guess he remembered.


He is just so smart and sweet and I love him!

No comments: