Sunday, November 23, 2008

Rexford Update


Yesterday Rexford said, "Austin came out your tummy. Can we go to the hospital again and get another baby brother?"

During family home evening I told Rexford we were going to talk about the Holy Ghost. Rexford says, "Holy Ghost says boo!" Brian and I started laughing of course. After the lesson he said, "Holy Ghost help me feel happy" so he learned something.

One night this week Rexford got mad at me and put his hands on his hips and said in a mad voice, "I'm not putting up with this!" I had to laugh because it was cute and he probably got it from me.

On a sweeter note, he's been saying, "I'm taking care of Mommy."

Most of you know that Rexford loves firetrucks and is super excited when we drive by the fire station and they are outside. One day he told me, "I saw lots of firetrucks Mommy." I said, " I know, you love fire trucks." Then he asked, "Can I drive one when I grow up?" I don't really want him to grow up though :)





Other things about Rexford I need to write down so I don't forget: Rexford loves to talk on the phone and will talk super fast going around the room and talking about things he sees. It's really funny so I'll have to try to get a video to post. He is also very specific about which WordWorld and Diego episodes he wants to watch and will tell you if you put the wrong one on. He now turns on his own water for his bath and climbs in and out all by himself. He wants to be a big boy and do a lot of things by himself. I often find him climbing on the bed to give Austin a kiss or turning off his swing when he cries and telling me to take him out. He is so excited about Christmas trees and ornaments and tells me that he wants a Christmas tree when asked what he wants for Christmas. He is now super friendly to people we see when we're out and says hi to everyone. He knows what car everyone in our families drive and he knows where certain people work. He'll always point it out when we pass by. He knows which way to turn from our house to go to the store or the park and it's amazing how much he remembers.

No comments: