Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Singing

Rexford likes to hold microphones and pretend he's singing. Really he's eating the microphone and making noises but he tries. Yesterday he had a microphone so I thought I'd help him sing some real songs. I started singing all of his favorite songs and much to my surprise he could fill in the blanks when I stopped. I'm pretty sure he knows most of the words to the songs but needs help thinking of one to sing and needs help starting it. I have heard him sing the first line to "rock a bye baby" to his bear before but other than that he just makes noises when "singing." Anyway, we went through a ton of classic kid songs and he was so good at filling in the blanks! It was a lot of fun and it amazes me how much stuff he knows.

Today we had to run to the store for a few things including a calculator for Brian (Rexford thought the calculator was a really fun toy). When we got back he played with the calculator and then we got out the video for some more singing. Here's his shy rendition of "Daddy's Homecoming." Next time I'll try to get him to say more words but he was being extra shy for the camera.


Rexford playing with Daddy's new calculators

1 comment:

Alyeic said...

Yay, I was so excited when I saw two new posts on your blog! Rexford is always so much fun to watch! How about Kanga Room when I get back??