Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ouch!

A week ago I was at my dad's house and it was lunch time so I put a couple of chicken nuggets in the microwave for Rexford. I cooked them for 30 seconds and they weren't done so I did another 20 seconds. The nuggets weren't super hot when I felt one but they were good enough so I grabbed the plate to take it out of the microwave. It was so hot that I couldn't hold on to it and I dropped on the counter/stove and of course it shattered everywhere. I cannot believe how hot that plate was after only 50 seconds! My hand was hurting really bad and I held it under water but that didn't do much. Immediately blisters popped up on 4 of my fingers and the only relief from the pain was to hold my hand in a bowl of ice water. The dishes have burned other people in my family but not this bad. Anyway, we went home and the short drive was so terrible because I didn't have my hand in water and it killed! I held my hand in water for 7 hours that day and whenever I took it out it hurt so bad I had to put it back in. Finally that night I got some ointment and wrapped my fingers with gauze and bandaids and that helped. Luckily they didn't hurt after that and the little blisters healed quickly. The dime size blister on my thumb was there for a week until finally it started to deflate and rip and peel off. I can't imagine people who get burned on their whole body. My fingers hurt bad enough. Anyway, so glad that it is healing and I will never touch those plates again :)

my sore little fingers all wrapped up
Blister on my thumb after a week. It isn't as puffy and starting to deflate a little :)

No comments: