Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Big Boy Bed

Rexford has graduated completely to his "new room!" He has had two rooms for several months now-one where he slept in the crib and the other with all of his toys where he played. He loved his crib and slept well there so we didn't really push for the complete switch. One day at naptime a couple of weeks ago he told me he wanted to sleep in his big boy bed. I said okay and put him down for his nap in his big boy bed. He's slept in it ever since! There were a couple of times when he wanted his crib but with a little love and encouragement and a brighter night light, he's still in the bed and doing well. We had a few early mornings since he can get up by himself now but we talked about waiting until the sun is up to wake up and he's been doing a little better sleeping in. Here are a few pictures of his big boy room. I still have a little decorating to do but it's getting there.

Here's Rexford in his big boy bed with all of his animals and blankets. Now that he has more room he has 5 blankets, the comforter and sheet, and about 20 stuffed animals! He has taken Austin's blanket as well!
I finally re-painted his letters from his "old room." They were pastels and didn't match so I painted them again to match his room. It was very painful for me to paint them again because it took me a long time to paint them the first time. They were solid and stripes which took forever so it was really hard for me to just paint over my hard work. Anyway, now I have to paint Austin's letters...

Here is his fun furniture from IKEA. I love the toy organizer!

I painted some frames for his bookshelf in the room colors.

1 comment:

Alyeic said...

Way to go Rexford! His bed is so crowded:)