Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

The boys had small pumpkins that they painted by themselves but we also bought a big one to carve. Instead of using an already-made design, Rexford wanted to design the face. So I let him draw a face on the pumpkin and then I carved what he drew. He wanted it to have a scary mouth. Rexford helped dig inside the pumpkin to get out all the seeds but Austin wouldn't touch it. I tried to make him touch it and he freaked out so he just watched. Rexford did a good job separating the seeds for me. After carving the face, Austin was scared of the pumpkin and said he looked too scary. After we were all done we put a candle inside and turned out the lights. Austin didn't like the pumpkin and wouldn't get too close but Rexford loved the pumpkin and wanted the candle to be on all the time. After a few days Austin got used to the pumpkin and wasn't scared anymore :)

Rexford's design

My helper
Our pumpkin
Scary pumpkin

No comments: