Thursday, July 15, 2010

Rexford is 4!

My Rexford is now 4 years old! I don't know where the time has gone! He's now too heavy for me to pick up and I can soon see the day when he's taller than me :) He is as usual off the charts for weight and 95% for height. It's been a fun year and fun to watch him grow. He still tells me he loves me all the time, has started to talk back some :( , loves to play Wii games, is very interested in learning to read and write, is getting really good at numbers, he's doing great at swimming, loves to make up silly and rhyming words in songs, and we love him so much! I can't believe he will be starting preschool in a few weeks-I am both excited and sad.

Anyway, this year he wanted to have friends over for his birthday party and since we've only done family parties so far we decided to let him invite friends this time. He decided on having a pool party at Shannon and Wayne's house and wanted a Mickey Mouse surfing cake (of course since it's a pool party). Aunt Lisa made him an awesome Mickey surfing cake that tasted great too and was nice enough to make a bunch of extra cupcakes to feed the large crowd :) He had a great time eating hot dogs (thanks Dad for grilling!) and playing with his friends in the pool. He loved all of his presents and he and Austin have had lots of fun playing with them since.

I was a little sad that Brian couldn't enjoy the party because he was still feeling sick from a virus and so I had little Austin clinging and whining at my feet, upset and shy because of all the people. Luckily, Grandma Ursic and my friend Stacy helped set out food and help with whatever I needed. Here are some pictures of the party and all. I didn't get pictures of Rexford with all of his friends as planned because some were still swimming and playing but here's what I was able to take. Thanks to everyone for making his birthday great!


Rexford loves using Papa's underwater camera to pose for pictures!

Getting ready to jump

Kerry and Lauren posing underwater Sahara and Rexford

Elijah, Grace, and Rexford enjoying their hot dogs and chipsGrace and Elijah
Rexford with his cool Mickey cake and cupcakes - thanks so much Aunt Lisa!
Awesome cake

Rexford just blew out the candles! Excited for cake
Yummy!
Rexford wanted Papa to help him eat his cake

His friend Hunter ate his by himself :)
Rexford and Sahara
Lauren, Gavin, and Rexford
Rexford and Donovan
Grace, Elijah, and Rexford
Rexford, Trae, and Telsey

Rexford loved his Lightning McQueen helmet and bell from Papa

Wii Sports Resort from Papa, Shannon, Wayne, Aly, and Todd - now he doesn't have to go to Shannon's house everyday to play it :)
Rexford got a digital camera from Grandma and Grandpa Ursic and he loves it! He has taken hundreds of pictures and videos so far and is becoming a little photographer!

The next day was Rexford's actual birthday so I saved our present for that day. Since church doesn't start until 1pm he had all day to enjoy his new Lightning McQueen Wii game! He loves it and plays it all the time!

No comments: