Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day

The day before Valentine's Day Rexford and I made heart-shaped cookies and decorated the house. Rexford kept saying he wanted to decorate the house with balloons so we got some and put them up all over the dining room. Then we made lots of cookies. Rexford helped me make the icing and enjoying licking the mixer and then he had so much fun putting on the sprinkles. He wanted to do it all by himself so I let him. This of course meant that I had to clean up quite a few sprinkles off the floor but I needed to vacuum anyway. He put each different kind of sprinkles on each cookie. He wasn't done with a cookie until he had put each kind on top. He made sure that I didn't take it away too soon :)

On Valentine's Day we had heart pancakes and little goody bags. Rexford wanted to open his while I was cooking so I let him. He was so excited when he opened up his bag and saw a little Lightning McQueen car and Mack along with a giant Hershey Kiss. He has played with Mack constantly since he got it and insists on sleeping with it too. He kept telling my sister that he got it for Valentine's Day when she asked to see it. In his prayer that night he said, "Thank you for Valentine's Day." It was really a lot of fun with him this year and he was so cute and excited about it all.

Licking the yummy icing - he was so surprised when I handed it to him. He had a look like "you're really going to let me eat this!"

Rexford was very excited to use the sprinkles
He decorated each cookie with a method

Showing off his sprinkles and cookie


No comments: