Monday, June 9, 2008

First Day of Summer

Today was the first day that Brian had off for summer. We decided to go to Aquatica for a few hours in the morning. On the way there we had to stop at the bank so we were driving alongside the Beeline (now Beachline but whatever) and Rexford says, "Get on Beeline." I turned around and asked him to say it again because that couldn't be what he really said and then he said it again. "I see Beeline, right there, get on Beeline." I couldn't believe he knew the word Beeline or that he knew the road right there was the Beeline. He is way too grown up! It also tells you that we drive that road way too much for him to know it and we do drive it about once a week. He does recognize sights and things around town so I guess it's not crazy for him to know the road but I was totally blown away. Anyway, just had to blog that story so I don't forget it 20 years from now. So we had a lot of fun at the water park and Rexford loved having Daddy there since it's usually just me.

It rained in the afternoon and after dinner Brian was getting tired of doing "higher" (he lifts Rexford up in the air and bounces him on his legs) so we decided to go play tennis. We really need to get Rexford a racket his size but he had fun for a little while. Then I took him over to swing at the playground where he discovered the fire station and enjoyed watching the fire trucks. Here are some pictures of our evening.


Our future tennis star

I think this one is too big


Rexford was fascinated by the fire trucks

2 comments:

Alyeic said...

I was wondering if you went to Aquatica yesterday...I bet Rexford loves having daddy around more:)

The Tait Family said...

What a man! Look at him playing tennis. So cute!