Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Austin's Accident

We went to the beach over Spring Break to stay a night at the hotel Brian's mom had for a few days.  We went on Wednesday afternoon.  We all got dressed to go down and play in the pool.  I was excited because Austin was doing great jumping in the pool and going underwater which he didn't want to do much before that.  After some time in the pool the kids wanted to go down to the beach.  Brian and Rexford started walking and I was going with Austin.  I stopped to help my niece put on her shoes and I hear Austin screaming.  He had gone after his dad and went the wrong way.  He went into the hotel and started climbing the stairs where he tripped and busted his chin open.  I knew right when I saw it that he needed to go to the doctor.  We got a bandaid from the front desk and I walked down to the beach to get Brian.  He took Austin to the walk-in clinic and I stayed with Rexford.  Brian said that Austin was super quiet and didn't cry or talk the whole time.  They put Dermabond on his chin and covered it with a bandaid and said he couldn't get it wet for 5 days.  So for our rest of the day and next day at the beach he couldn't get in the pool or play in the water.  I felt so bad for him but he took it pretty well.  We let him play in the sand and sit on the edge of the pool with his legs in so he could squirt us with water guns.  We ended up having a fun time after a bad start :)



No comments: