Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pretzel Fun!

One Monday evening Rexford wanted to know what we were making for Family Home Evening dessert so I started looking around the kitchen to see what I could find. I pulled out my fun kid's cookbook and found an easy recipe for pretzels and since I had all of the ingredients we decided on that. The dough was super easy to make and not too many ingredients and the kids loved helping. Then we divided the dough into little balls and then rolled them into long snakes and then twisted them to make pretzels. Austin couldn't really roll it out but he helped anyway :) Rexford was a great helper and especially liked brushing them with egg and sprinkling the salt. They were good and the kids loved them! Next time I think we'll try sprinkling them with cinnamon and sugar!

Austin saying "cheese!"
My little helpers
Rexford showing off his pretzels
They were yummy!

No comments: