Monday, March 15, 2010

Deep Thoughts from Rexford

Rexford has been asking questions about death, heaven, etc. lately. Here is the conversation we had with Rexford today in the car.

Rexford: Do you know who lives in the sky? Jesus. Jesus lives in heaven.

Me: That's right.

Rexford: Jesus is a king. He lives in a big castle in heaven.

Me: Kind of.

Rexford: He does, he's a king. I used to live in heaven when you and Daddy got married. I lived in heaven with Jesus. I was sad and I missed you. Do you know who else lives in heaven?

Me: who?

Rexford: Mr. Davis (my dad's neighbor who died a few weeks ago) lives in heaven with Jesus.

Me: Yes, that's right.

Rexford: When will he get to come back to our town?

Me: Well, he won't but one day Mrs. Davis will go to heaven and then they'll be together.

Rexford: Who will watch their kids?

Brian: Well, they are old enough to watch themselves but one day they will go to heaven too. Everyone will go to heaven someday.

Rexford: Yea, I will go to heaven one day. But I will miss you guys.

Me: Well, we'll probably already be there hopefully. Then we'll be together.

Rexford: There's more people in heaven. Somebody misses them.



Oh my goodness! Sometimes he knows way too much for a three year old :) I have been trying to tell him it's a long way off and not to worry about it but he's always asking a lot of questions about everything!

No comments: